The Talent Search (TS) program serves northeast Oklahoma middle and high school students who demonstrate the potential to succeed in higher education. Our goal is to increase the number of youth graduating from high school and entering college or other post-secondary training programs of their choice.
We target students who are:
- Low income (as defined by the Department of Education guidelines)
- First generation (first in their family to graduate from college)
- Two-thirds of participants must meet both these criteria
We provide academic, career, and financial aid counseling to participants and encourages students to graduate from high school and continue to the post-secondary school of their choice. We also serves high school dropouts by helping them to reenter the educational system and complete their education.
- Chelsea Junior High, 6-8 grade
- Chelsea High School, 9-12 grade
- Claremore High School, 9-12 grade
- Newman MS, 6-8 grade
- Skiatook High School, 9-12 grade
- Clinton Middle School, 7-8 grade
- Webster High School, 9-12 grade
- East Central Jr. High, 7-8 grade
- East Central High School, 9-12 grade
- Nathan Hale Jr. High, 7-8 grade
- Nathan Hale High School, 9-12 grade
- Will Rogers College Jr. high, 7-8 grade
- Will Rogers College High School, 9-12 grade
- What does it cost to participate in Talent Search?
All services and activities are paid by the TS program. Meals, transportation, and supplies are paid with TS funds.
- If I participate in Talent Search, what is expected of me?
You must have a positive attitude toward your education, regular attendance at school and TS meetings, and a grade point average that reflects your motivation for study beyond high school.
- Does Talent Search provide scholarships to pay for schooling after graduation from high school?
No. TS will, however, help you find federal, state, and local financial aid to attend college or further training after high school.
- Must my parents complete the Income Verification form?
Yes. Such forms are required by the U.S. Department of Education, the funding agency for TS. Authorities review such group information to determine if TS is serving the schools and communities for which it is authorized and funded. All information is confidential.
- Can I only join Talent Search as a 6th grader?
Not necessarily. Normally, TS recruits in the sixth grade at target middle and junior high schools. The students remain with TS until they graduate from high school. However, applications are accepted from students through tenth grade where vacancies exist in the program. Complete an application now . For more information email TRiO-ETS@rsu.edu or call 918-343-7823.
Preparatory Hall, 101
Preparatory Hall, 101
Director, Talent Search
Preparatory Hall, 101A
Preparatory Hall, 102B