Office of the President
Dr. Tobie R. Titsworth
Vice President for Student Affairs
Centennial Center, Room 201D
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- Oklahoma Standard Teaching Certificate
- Area Tech School Administrator
- Computer Applications
Vice President for Student Affairs
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
Deputy Superintendent and Treasurer
1998-2000, Assistant Superintendent, Business & Industry Services
Northeast Technology Center, Pryor, OK
Vice Provost, Academic Services
Oklahoma State University-Okmulgee, Okmulgee, OK
- 1995 (Feb-Sept),
Senior Systems Engineer & Facilitation Team Leader
Electronic Data Systems Corporation, Dayton, OH
Air Force Reserve Advisor and Program Manager
Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, OH
(Recalled to active duty as a colonel to serve as Air Force Reserve Advisor to the Commander)
- 1982-1990, Vice President for Continuing & Technical Education
Vice President for Academics
1979-1982, Dean for Community & Technical Education
Rogers State College, Claremore, OK
Assistant Professor and Graduate Faculty Member
Agricultural Engineering Department, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Graduate Research Assistant
Agricultural Education Department, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Agricultural Education Instructor
Miami Public Schools, Miami, OK
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
USAF (Active Duty)
Leadership & Community Activities
- Member, Council of Student Affairs, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. 2008-pres.
- Chair, Threat Assessment Response Committee, Rogers State University, 2008-pres.
- Member, University Planning Group, Rogers State University, 2010-pres.
- Member, President’s Associates, Rogers State University Foundation, 2009-pres.
- Member, BTAT/AASAT Advisory Council, Rogers State University, Claremore, OK. 2007-pres.
- Member, Hillcat Club, Rogers State University, 2008-pres.
- Member, Technical Assistance Team, (North Central Association/High Schools That Work) Claremore High School, Claremore, OK. March 2011.
- Chair, Strategic Planning Steering Committee, Rogers State University, 2009-2010.
- Member, Strategic Planning Committee, Claremore Public School, 2009-2010.
- Education Minister, North Park Trinity Baptist Church, Claremore, OK. December 2004-March 2011.
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Rogers State University, Claremore, OK, Fall, 2007.
- Past Chair, Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce Board, Claremore, OK. January 2007.
- Treasurer, NTC Foundation, 2000-2008.
- Director, Northeast Region Workforce Investment Board, 2000-2005.
- Deacon (chair-2004) and Bible Teacher, Faith Baptist Church, 2001-2004.
- Director & 1st Vice President, Pryor Area Chamber of Commerce Board, Pryor, OK. 1999-2002.
- President, Oklahoma Vocational Association, Business\Industry Services Directors, 1999-2000.
- Leadership Vo-Tech, Level III, Oklahoma Department of Vo-Tech Education, 1999-2000
- Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Space & Missile Systems Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA. February 1995, to January 1998.
- Editorial Board Member, Dean’s Council, College of Consultants, Life Member, American Technical Education Association, 1997-98.
- Past President, Director, Life Member, Oklahoma Technical Society.
- Adjunct Faculty Member, (Developed & taught courses for new program in Educational Leadership), Wright State University, Dayton, OH, 1993-95.
- Educational Leadership Advisory Member, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, 1993-95
- Computer Information Services Advisory Member, Sinclair Community College, Dayton, OH.
- Visiting Lecturer & Consultant, Air Force Institute of Technology, Dayton, OH, 1994-95.
- Past President, Oklahoma Association of Community Colleges.
- Past President, Oklahoma Association of Community Colleges Instructional Administrators.
- Past Chair, Vice-Chair, Claremore Park Board of Commissioners, Claremore, OK.
- Past Vice President, Director, Claremore Area United Way, Claremore, OK.
- Member, Council of Instruction, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, 1985-92.
Awards & Honors
- Named to: Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2006 & 2007 Editions; Marquis Who’s Who in American Education, 1997, 2004 & 2008 Editions; Who’s Who in the South & Southwest; Outstanding Young Men of America.
- Gold Star School Award, Northeast Technology Center, 2002 & 2007. (Led application team.)
- Advanced Level III Workshop, Oklahoma Center for School Business Management, Oklahoma
State University, Stillwater, OK, March 2003.
- Leadership Pryor Graduate, Pryor, OK, 1999.
- Legion of Merit; Air Force Meritorious Service Medal; Air Force Commendation Medal.
- Graduate of Distinction, Agricultural Education Department, Oklahoma State University,
Stillwater, OK. 1996.
- Outstanding Professor, Agricultural Education Department, Texas A&M University, 1979.
- Outstanding Student Teacher, Agricultural Education Dept., Oklahoma State University, 1966.
- Outstanding Service Award, Mechanized Agriculture Club, Texas A&M University, 1978.
- Family of the Year – 1986, Claremore, OK.
- Community Service Award, Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce, Claremore, OK, 1988.
- Muskogee Service League Hall of Fame “Inductee”, Muskogee, OK.
- Kellogg Associate, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, Oklahoma City, OK.
- Oklahoma Scholars, Presenter, Claremore Public Schools, Claremore, OK (2009, November; 2011, January, May)
- 2009 Annual Spring Conference, Keynote Speaker, Oklahoma Division of Student Assistance, Doubletree Hotel, Tulsa, OK. (2009, April).
- Oklahoma Centennial Annual Banquet, Master of Ceremonies, Beggs Alumni Association, Beggs, OK. (2007, June).
- Remembering our veterans through the ages, Presenter, Northeast Technology Center, Kansas Campus, Kansas, OK. (2007, November), Afton Campus, Afton, OK. (2006, November).
- The NTC Foundation, helping students help themselves. Presenter, Miami Lions Club (2004, April), NTC Faculty and Staff, (2004, March-April).
- Technical education for northeastern Oklahoma. Presenter, Ten service clubs (2002, January – July), Vinita Rotary Club, (1999, October). Pryor Rotary Club, (2000, April).
- Co-enrollment program: RSU & NTC, Presenter, Claremore Reveille Rotary Club, Claremore, OK. (2001, June).
- Patriotism: Meaning behind the statues on College Hill. Presenter, Senior Adult Group, First Baptist Church, Claremore, OK, (1999, July).
- The Academic PlaCE (Professional, Lifelong and Continuing Education): New faculty workshop. Facilitator and instructor, Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee, OK, (1997, August).
- Becoming a learning college. Presentation to six academic departments, Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee, OK, (1996, September – December).
- Reserve forces and their effect on the logistician. Capstone guest lecturer, Air Force Institute of Technology, Dayton, OH, (1994, December).
- Training: When times are tough. Presenter, National Space & Technology Subcommittee, National Convention, Reserve Officers Association, Seattle, WA, (1994, July).
- Program management review and reallocation. Presentation Leader, Air Force Individual Mobilization Augmentee Allocation Team (IMAAT) Funding Review, Denver, CO, (1994, March). (Selected as best presentation during the review by IMAAT members.)
- Home improvement II: Using television in skill development. Presenter, Annual Conference of the American Vocational Association, Nashville, TN, (1993, December). Available, July, 1994, Resources in Education. Educational Resources Information Center, Columbus, OH.
- Management how to: This works for us. Presenter, Base IMA Administrator/Program Managers (BIMAA) Conference, Denver, CO, (1993, November).
- A senior logistician looks at the issues from a Reserve perspective. Capstone guest lecturer, Air Force Institute of Technology, Dayton, OH, (1993, April).
- Strategic planning & integrated Reserve program management. Presenter, AFMC Reserve General Officers’ Conference, Edwards Air Force Base, CA, (1993, January).
- The Air Force Reserves: After the Gulf War. Presenter, Dayton Aerospace Atlantic Conference. Conference conducted by the Society of Automotive Engineers, Dayton, OH, (1992, April).
- RSC Spotlight. [videotape]. Claremore, OK: KRSC TV-35, Rogers State College, (1991). [Guest on two shows hosted by Dr. Richard H. Mosier, President.]
- Interactive educational television works for the student. Panel member, Interactive Educational TV Workshop, Southwestern Bell Telephone Co., Tulsa, OK, (1991, October).
- Ramifications of research data for distance education program implementation. Presenter, The Forum for Teaching of Distance Education, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, (1991, June).
- A comparative study of selected student data to determine relative success of students enrolled in telecourses versus those enrolled in live classes at Rogers State College. Presenter, The Fifth International Adult Self-Directed Learning Symposium, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, (1991, February).
- Crossroads 1991. Presenter, Rogers County Retired Teachers Association, Claremore Regional Hospital Auxiliary and American Legion Post 114, (1991).
- Oklahoma Military Academy Hall of Fame dedication ceremony. Master of Ceremonies, Rogers State College, Claremore, OK, (1989, 1990, 1991).
- Participation, partial payment for your position. Presenter, Pryor Chamber of Commerce, Sequoyah Parent Teachers Association Kick-off Meeting, Catoosa Chamber of Commerce Membership Drive Banquet, (1988, 1989, 1990).
- Eighty percent of success is showing up. Keynote Speaker, Claremore High School National Honor Society Annual Awards Ceremony, Claremore, OK, (1989, May).
- The four keys to progress: Programs, places, people & promotion. Presenter, Allen County Community College Administrators’ Workshop, Claremore, OK, (1989, April).
- Annual Reserve Conference & Brigadier General George Hall’s Pinning Ceremony. Master of Ceremonies, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma City, OK, (1989, April).
- Your future is bright! Keynote Speaker, Afton FFA Awards Banquet, Afton, OK, (1989, March).
- Planning for work experiences at the community college. Presenter, Planning, Funding and Marketing Cooperative Education Seminar, Dallas, TX, (1988, March).
- Innovative instructional teaching is combined with unique marketing methods. Presenter, 25th National Conference on Technical Education, (Technical Education – America’s Greatest Offense) Nashville, TN, (1988, March).
- The military, high technology, and the two-year college. Presenter, 21st National Conference on Technical Education, San Antonio, TX, (1987, March).
Papers & Publications
- The seamless education system – a vision of the 21st century. The Daily Times, insert, p. 10, (2001, May 2).
- Student instructional report II. (1998, April). Unpublished professional development plan to accompany SIR II for OSU-Okmulgee faculty, Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee, OK.
- CornerStone to CapStone experiences for OSU-Okmulgee students. (1998, April). Unpublished white paper, Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee, OK.
- Academic PlaCE (Professional, Lifelong and Continuing Education) plus. (1998, January). Unpublished professional development plan for the Business Technology Department faculty, Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee, OK.
- One face in the force. The Officer, 69(5), pp. 15-17, (1993, May). [The Reserve Officers Association, Washington, DC].
- A step beyond total force. Leading Edge, 35(3), pp. 4-6, (1993, March). [Front page cover article in the Air Force’s #1 magazine for 1993.]
- A comparative study of selected student data to determine relative success of students enrolled in telecourses versus those enrolled in live classes at Rogers State College. In Huey B. Long (Ed.). Self-directed learning: Applications and research, (pp. 245-264). Norman, OK: Oklahoma Research Center for Continuing & Professional Education, University of Oklahoma. (1992).
- Green Country aerospace update. [videotape] Claremore, OK, KRSC TV-35, Rogers State College, (1991, March-May). [Hosted five 30-minute television shows.]
- The open door policy. Home Life, [audio cassette] (1991, May).
- The open door policy. Home Life, 44(12), p. 24, (1990, September).
- The university ‘Fastrack’ option: Concurrent enrollment built on a plan. Community College Week, 2(9), p. 12, (1989, December 11).
- Innovative instructional techniques offer students multiple learning opportunities. ATEA Journal, 16(4), pp. 22-23, (1989, March-April).
- If cooperation were oil, we’d be about a quart low. OACJC Newsletter, p. 1, (1987, October). [Also authored two other articles for the same newsletter, 1988.]
- Interfacing two and four-year technical programs. #81-5510, presented at the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) Winter Meeting, Chicago, (1981, December).
- Safety color code for the training and educational shop, Engineering Practice, American Society of Agricultural Engineers. Parady, H. Kimmons, M., St Joseph, MO, (1981, May).
- Ag Power and Machinery. Edited textbook for McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, (1979).
- A job survey of Texas A&M mechanized agriculture graduates. #79-5005, prepared for ASAE Summer Meeting, Winnipeg, Canada, (1979, July).
- A welding lab that doesn’t work (the teacher, that is!). #78-5537, presented at the ASAE Winter Meeting, Chicago, (1978, December).
- Organized tool boards. Agricultural Education Magazine, 51(2), p. 42, (1978, July).
- Welding workbook. College Station, TX: Texas A&M University, Hawkins, G., (1978).
- Concrete Masonry Handbook. Portland Cement Association. Reviewed for Agricultural Education Magazine. (1977, July).
- An analyses and regional comparison of salaries and working conditions of vocational agriculture teachers in the United States. (1976). Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK.
- Salaries and working conditions of vocational agricultural teachers in the United State. Agricultural Education Magazine. 51(2), pp. 284-286, Titsworth, T., & Key, J., (1976, June).
- Agricultural careers – A curriculum guide. Oklahoma State Department of Vocational-Technical Education, Key, J., and others, (1975).
- Agricultural careers. [videotape] Stillwater, OK: Agricultural Education Department, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, (1975). [Ten 30-minute videotaped interviews of individuals in agricultural careers.]
- Vocational education plans and related data from selected vocational agricultural students who are eligible enrollees in the Northeastern Oklahoma Area Vocational-Technical School. (1973). Unpublished master’s thesis, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK.