June 17, 2010
RSU Selects Members of President's Leadership Class
Rogers State University has selected 20 students for its 2010-2011 President's Leadership Class (PLC), a four-year scholarship program to help students develop leadership skills and personal and professional growth.
"The President's Leadership Class provides incoming freshmen with unique opportunities to foster their leadership skills and academic growth," said RSU President Dr. Larry Rice. "I look forward to working with these student leaders throughout the year."
Each class member will work closely with student groups and university administration to improve services to students and the community, said Dr. Carolyn Taylor, RSU strategic initiatives coordinator and assistant professor in the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Responsibilities of PLC members include volunteering for campus service projects, being active members of student organizations, attending selected RSU alumni programs and RSU Foundation events, and visiting high schools with RSU recruiters.
The President's Leadership Class (PLC) awards full tuition and fees (minus any other federal, state, and/or private grants and scholarships). The RSU Foundation has been instrumental in securing funding for this leadership initiative. PLC members were selected during a competitive process that included an on-campus interview with campus representatives.
Members of the RSU President's Leadership Class for 2010-2011 include the following:
- Destiny Allen, Blackwell, Okla., 2010 graduate of Blackwell High School, daughter of Julie Allen and Tony Thomas of Blackwell
- Holly Bates, Chelsea, Okla., 2010 graduate of Vinita High School, daughter of Hubert and Linda Bates of Chelsea
- Erin Beason, Kremmling, Colo., 2010 graduate of West Grand High School, daughter of Rebecca and Gary Beason of Kremmling
- Chelsea Blackmore, Claremore, 2010 graduate of Sequoyah High School, daughter of Tim and Cheryl Blackmore of Claremore
- Mariah Brown, Owasso, 2010 graduate of Owasso High School, daughter of Michael and Lisa Brown of Owasso
- Bea Chang, Collinsville, 2010 graduate of Collinsville High School, daughter of Koo and Chue Change of Collinsville
- Caleb Demarais, Grand Forks, Minn., 2010 graduate of Lincoln Christian School, son of Darrin Demarais and Charlotte Demarais of Tulsa
- Courtney Ellison, Oktaha, Okla., 2010 graduate of Oktaha High School, daughter of Mark and Becky Ellison of Muskogee
- Chantal Gross, Collinsville, 2010 graduate of Owasso High School, daughter of Bonnie and Jerry Gross of Collinsville
- Casey Grossman, Pryor, 2010 graduate of Pryor High School, daughter of Sonny and Jonna Grossman of Pryor
- Steven Tanner Kean, Seminole, Okla., 2010 graduate of Seminole High School, son of Steve and Tina Kean of Seminole
- Ellen Lillie, Claremore, 2010 graduate of Claremore High School, daughter of Marla Lillie and Ron Lillie of Claremore
- Chad Littlejohn, Stilwell, Okla., 2010 graduate of Stilwell High School, son of Ron Littlejohn and Kelli Littlejohn of Stilwell
- Elana Martinez, Tulsa, 2010 graduate of Bishop Kelley High School, daughter of Maria Martinez and Carlos Martinez of Tulsa
- Brittany Nichols, Oktaha, Okla., 2010 graduate of Oktaha High School, daughter of Ben Nichols and Sabrina Nichols of Oktaha
- Emily Pritchett, Salina, Okla., 2010 graduate of Salina High School, daughter of Randy and Julie Pritchett of Salina
- Allison Rhodes, Beggs, Okla., 2010 graduate of Beggs High School, daughter of Patti Rhodes and Jerry Rhodes of Beggs
- Darcy Roach, Claremore, 2010 graduate of Claremore High School, daughter of Eddie Roach and Deborah Roach of Claremore
- Alandra Smith, Siloam Springs, Ark., 2010 graduate of Westville High School in Colcord, Okla., daughter of Kevin and Valerie Smith of Siloam Springs
- Holly Smith, Oktaha, Okla., 2010 graduate of Oktaha High School, daughter of Amy Smith and Darrin Smith of Oktaha
For more information about the President's Leadership Class at RSU, call (918) 343-7627.