May 10, 2007
RSU Selects President's Leadership Class
Rogers State University has selected 19 students from a pool of statewide applicants for its President’s Leadership Class (PLC), a four-year scholarship program to develop student leadership skills. PLC provides an environment for a select number of RSU students to foster their personal and professional development.
“The President’s Leadership Class is a program created to cultivate leadership skills and academic growth among a group of RSU’s most ambitious and promising students,” said RSU President Dr. Joe Wiley.
Dr. Carolyn Taylor, RSU strategic initiatives coordinator and assistant professor in the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, serves as the PLC faculty advisor.
Each class member will work closely with student groups and university administration to improve services to students and the community, Taylor said. Responsibilities of PLC members include volunteering for campus service projects, being active members of student organizations, attending selected RSU alumni programs and RSU Foundation events, and visiting high schools with RSU recruiters.
Students selected for the PLC will receive a $3,500 annual scholarship. The RSU Foundation has been instrumental in securing funding for this leadership initiative. PLC members were selected during a competitive process that included an on-campus interview with campus representatives.
The incoming PLC class includes the following students:
- Ashley Nicole Garhart, Owasso High School, daughter of Jeff and Linda Garhart of Owasso;
- Michelle Marie Ghazal, Webster High School, daughter of Doris Ghazal of Tulsa;
- Nicholas Daniel Green, Collinsville High School, son of Joseph Green and Rebecca Green, both of Collinsville;
- Laura Mae Greenlee, Carl Albert High School, daughter of Gary and Robin Greenlee of Midwest City;
- Matthew Robert Gregston, Oologah High School, son of Bob Gregston and Patty Gregston, both of Talala;
- Richard Ian Hart, Claremore High School, son of Brian Hart and Christa Hart, both of Claremore;
- Sara Ann Hill, Wright City High School, daughter of Dane and Dena Hill of Wright City;
- Carina Lorenzo, East Central High School, daughter of Graciela Lorenzo of Tulsa;
- Jessica Marie McQueen, Sapulpa High School, daughter of Susan McQueen of Sapulpa and Dale and Jill McQueen of Sapulpa;
- Joshua Scott Mulanax, Claremore High School, son of Don and Cynthia Manley of Claremore and Shea and James Mulanax of Roland;
- Sarah Pilmaier, Pryor High School, daughter of Susie and Jim Pilmaier of Pryor;
- Charlotte Cloe Robinson, Morris High School, daughter of John Robinson of Okmulgee and Leslie Robinson of Morris;
- Holly Ann Shafer, East Central High School, daughter of Lane and Linda Shafer of Tulsa;
- Brett Allen Smith, Victory Christian School, son of Barry and Karen Smith of Jenks;
- Benjamin Franklin Stegall III, Booker T. Washington High School, son of Ben and Martha Stegall of Tulsa;
- Christian Darlene Storey, Cheyenne High School, daughter of Jon and Rhonda Storey of Cheyenne;
- Valorie Ann Vernon, Morris High School, daughter of Jeff Vernon and Lori Vernon, both of Okmulgee;
- Jessica Brittany Windschitl, Collinsville High School, daughter of Jeannette Windschitl and Jeffrey Windschitl, both of Collinsville;
- Krystina Renee Wyatt, Nowata High School, daughter of Renee Nichols of Nowata and Anthony and Cary Wyatt of Ponca City.
For more information on the PLC, please contact the RSU Office of Enrollment Management at (918) 343-7545.