Student Health Center
What can you do to stay healthy and prevent the spread of flu? Stay informed. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
Take these everyday actions to stay healthy:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective. They are available in the RSU Student Health Center.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you get sick. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that you stay home from work or school until you have been fever free for 24 hours and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Find healthy ways to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Eat a healthy diet including lots of fluids.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Call 1-800-CDC-INFO for more information.