Alpha Sigma Tau (ΑΣΤ)
Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority provides positive opportunities for women to be:
These are Friendships Forged in Tradition!
The purpose of Alpha Sigma Tau best describes our core values. Alpha Sigma Tau promotes the ethical, cultural, and social development of its members, specifically:
Our Creed further expands how we will meet these standards.
As a member of Alpha Sigma Tau:
- to develop the character of each member through a study of ethics so that she will show in all her relationships sincerity, honesty, love and understanding
- to help each member enjoy the cultural advantages in life so that she will know how to select those things which are most worthwhile
- to develop in each member the social graces to the extent that she will be able to take her place in life with true dignity and poise
- I believe in the permanence and loveliness of its ideals.
- I believe in the values of friendship and fidelity to purpose.
- I believe in the fulfillment of self and will strive to contribute my share to the progress of mankind.
- I believe in cultivating beauty of spirit and graciousness of living in all my contacts with others.
- I believe that faithfulness to these ideals will help me to live joyously and valiantly.
As members of Alpha Sigma Tau, we continually rededicate ourselves to contribute our share to the progress of mankind, and social service is a vital aspect of our lives and our sisterhood. AST works with two organizations nationally:
- Habitat for Humanity is about bringing hope and transforming lives. Their mission of eliminating poverty housing and homelessness from the world—regardless of political, social or religious differences, reflects our open motto of being "active, self-reliant, and trustworthy".
- Pine Mountain Settlement School serves as an environmental education center for students of all ages. From its humble roots as a boarding school for children to the educational and environmental learning center it has become, Pine Mountain has grown with the caring support of Alpha Sigma Tau.
Alpha Sigma Tau members are challenged to strive to achieve their highest academic potential by focusing on academic achievement through incentive programs, study programs, time management education, tutorial assistance, and more. Intellectual development and academic success are the primary reasons for attending an institution of higher education, therefore Alpha Sigma Tau requires all members to hold a minimum GPA of a 2.5.