Guard Officer Leadership Development
The GOLD (Guard Officer Leadership Development) Program is a challenging premier leadership program available to Oklahoma National Guard Soldiers who attend RSU.
The academic leadership training you receive is built into your college curriculum. During classes, leadership labs, physical training and field training exercises you will learn firsthand what it takes to lead others, motivate groups and conduct missions as an Army Officer.
Upon completion of the GOLD Program you will earn the rank of Second Lieutenant and become a commissioned officer in the Army National Guard.
What You will Learn by Academic Year
- Military Science 1: Military structure, organization, leadership fundamentals and individual level tactical skills.
- Military Science 2: Team level tactical skills, group exercises and team building with an emphasis on professional leadership competencies and insights.
- Military Science 3: Operations, orders, general leadership skills, and squad level tactical skills.
- Military Science 4: Staff functions, military laws, diversity training, situational management, and platoon level tactical skills.
How Does GOLD Benefit Me
- Skill Sets:
- Life skills in time management, problem solving, and organization that will immediately enhance academic performance and carry over into professional competency.
- Professional skills in effective communication, PowerPoint presentation, small group leading, team building and management that will set you ahead of your peers in the workforce and in the classroom.
- Non-deployable through graduation
- 100% paid college tuition
- Residence hall scholarship
- Federal tuition assistance
- Receive MGI Bill
- Perform Leadership Labs instead of Drill
- Commission at 90 hours with GOLD versus 124 hours with ROTC
- Get paid for training
GOLD Enlistment Options
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Meet all current National Guard Enlistment Criteria
- Be of high moral character
- Agree to complete basic and advanced individual training
- Agree to enroll in Gold at RSU and remain a full-time student for duration of the program
- Attain a 110 GT score or higher by end of sophmore year of college
- Interveiw with GOLD personnel via telephone or in person
- Applicants/Soldiers accepted into the GOLD Program will not be mobilized for the duration of the time they are in the GOLD Program.
- Failure to meet GOLD requirements and maintain full-time student status will end stabilization and return Soldier to parent unit.
- GOLD enlistment applicants are eligible for all current ARNG incentives provided they meet the criteria outlined in the current ARNG Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).