RSU Radio Operations Manager
Reporting directly to the General Manager, responsibilities include working with student staff on staffing and programming, managing and maintaining all radio station equipment, and supervising preventive maintenance projects. The successful candidate will be effective in a college environment, including the ability to communicate successfully with the public, other employees, students, and vendors. Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred. Light engineering experience a plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with student staff on staffing, programs, promotions & public service
- Update and maintain station inventory, audio streaming, podcasting and social media
- Approve daily logs and collect daily transmitter readings
- Oversee new on-air announcers & prepare on-air reviews
- Prepare licensing fees, affairs & issues reports, public inspection file,
- Prepare & schedule production orders for PSA's and promos
- Solicit and service local underwriting clients, document expenses and receivables
- Prepare weekly staff meeting agenda and assist the GM with the meeting.
- Oversee production of underwriting pre-announcements and spots
- Work with staff to download and rip weekend and special programming
- Light engineering and preventative maintenance
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Adobe Creative Suites, Adobe Audition 3.0, and Scott Studios SS32.
- User support for software-related computer issues
- Audio board operation, radio traffic and music scheduling
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to respond quickly and intelligently to resolve staffing and/or in-station equipment issues including loss of signal, outages and trouble-shooting technical problems.
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required, Master's preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in radio, preferably in management position. Proven job reliability and dedication.
To apply, submit the following:
No interviews will be scheduled until a complete application packet has been received by:
Rogers State University
Employment & Benefits
1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd.
Claremore, OK 74017