- The institution presently known as Rogers State University was founded as Eastern University Preparatory School in 1909.
- The Oklahoma Legislature approved the establishment of Eastern University Preparatory School on March 25, 1909 (House Bill No. 362).
- The purpose of the school was “to educate boys and girls…for admission to the freshmen class in the State University, or other institutions of higher education.” (Session Laws, Oklahoma, H.B. 362.)
- Classes began on Sept. 14, 1910.
- First Commencement, June 18, 1911.
- Eastern University Preparatory School, 1909-1917
- Oklahoma Military Academy, 1919-1971
- Claremore Junior College, 1971-1982
- Rogers State College, 1982-1996
- Rogers University, 1996-1998
- Rogers State University, 1998-present
- A Pictorial History of RSU, commemorative book, available spring 2009
- RSU Centennial documentary film, will begin airing on RSU Public Television in spring 2009
Centennial Celebration Events
- Centennial Kick-Off Celebration, January 2009
- The Centennial Kick-Off Celebration will include a full day of events, including a high-profile speaker (to be announced), ceremonial dedication of Student Services Center, and other community events.
- Maurice Meyer Distinguished Endowed Lecture, the role of diversity in a democracy, spring 2009.
- Herrington Distinguished Endowed Lecture in Business, spring 2009.
- Constitution Day, featuring Constitution Award recipient and lecture, fall 2009.
- Homecoming Celebration, culminates commemoration of Centennial year, November 2009.
- Other special academic and humanities events throughout the year, open to the public.