[From left: Paula Blalock, Deborah Roach, Ryan Floyd, Vivian Boyles, Shkendra Lethers, Jeri Koehler. Not pictured are: Kevin Edmundson, Clarice Doyle, and Sheriff Scott Walton.]
Jeri Koehler, President
- Graduated: 2005
- Major: Business Administration - Management
- Chose RSU: Close to home and affordable.
- Involved with Alumni: I am very proud to be a graduate of Rogers State University, a school with not only a rich heritage but a pioneer university in innovation and excellence. It is an honor to serve on the Alumni board and I hope to actively advance and participate in the mission of Rogers State University through alumni connections.
- Professors who made an impact on your life: Dr. Tollison and Dr. Garrison were very personal while attending school. Everyone in the school of business and technology was supportive.
- What are you doing now: Business Development specialist for the innovation center on campus. Also teaching adjunct for school of business and technology.
Paula R. Blalock, Vice President
- Graduated: Fall 2011
- Major: Business Administration - Marketing
- Chose RSU: It was close to my hometown. A small, but rapidly growing university was very appealing.
- Involved with Alumni: When I graduated I did not want to just end my relationship with the university and everyone there.
- Professors who made an impact on your life: Two professors that stand out are Bob Willis and Dr. Dana Gray. They are both amazing people and professors-both of which I look up to and appreciate for all of their support through my degree process.
- What are you doing now: I live in Tulsa and am currently an AmeriCorps member serving my one-year commitment as the volunteer coordinator at the Tulsa Habitat for Humanity.
(Debi) Deborah Roach
- Major: Business
- Chose RSU: It was close by and having a husband and 3 children at the time allowed me to attend.
- Involved with Alumni: I want to be involved in the college I attended and all my children have taken classes here. My daughter Darcy is currently attending on a PLC scholarship.
- Professors who made an impact on your life: I think his name was Mr. Long. He taught American Federal Government, was very passionate about his beliefs and very interesting.
- What are you doing now: I am presently employed with Nupar Manufacturing, a division of Baldor Electric and recently purchased by ABB. I will start my 24th year May 31st. I work in accounting, payroll, and purchasing.
- Graduated: 1996
- Major: Liberal arts
- Chose RSU: Local, small campus, quality education, affordable and rich history such as OMA; plus my mother attended CJC.
- Involved with Alumni: I attended school here and have worked here from RSC-RU-RSU. It’s been 21 years since I walked on campus and I have become a part of the culture here on campus. The people and the productivity on campus keep you coming back. It feels like family.
- Professors who made an impact on your life: Diana Lurz and Dr. Keith Martin. Humanities was my favorite class. D. Lurz took me places beyond the classroom and Dr. Martin made Biology very interesting. Totally enjoyed them.
- What are you doing now: I am currently employed at RSU as the Testing Coordinator and am an Alumni Board member. I am also the National ACT Test Supervisor and thoroughly enjoy the student contact on a daily basis in the Test Center.
- Graduated: 1976
- Major: Newswriting (Journalism)
- Chose RSU: I could live and work on campus while attending school. It was small, yet far enough away from home I could explore my independence.
- Involved with Alumni: Alumni represent the soul of an institution. They perpetuate the knowledge, values and purpose of “The Hill” regardless of age. And giving back is a small way to acknowledge what I received from (RSU) CJC.
- Professors who made an impact on your life: Jone Purdom, Carol Willis, Dean Willis, Dr. Richard Mosier, Juanita Cook.
- What are you doing now: Work at RSU in the Development office. Married to Mike Doyle who also graduated from CJC.
- Graduated: 2009
- Major: Communications - Radio and TV
- Chose RSU: It was close to home and once I became involved, I loved my choice because of the growth, quality, and atmosphere of the school.
- Involved with Alumni: I’ve always been extremely proud of what RSU is and what we are becoming. It’s an honor to be invited to the board to continue to be involved with and help support RSU.
- Professors who made an impact: Dr. Jeff Gentry made a huge impact on the way I approached my college experience, learning, and life in general. He always kept a positive outlook. Not only did he influence me to major in communications, but he was also the one to first enroll me as a freshman at RSU.
- What are you doing now: I’m the co-founder and Worship Pastor at Church Plus in Jenks, OK. I’m also now engaged to fellow RSU Communications graduate Alyssa White.
Shkendra Lethers Leathers
- Graduated: 2007
- Major: Corporate Communications
- Chose RSU: It was affordable, close to home, small, close-knit community, and there were no community showers!
- Involved with Alumni: Being involved with the alumni association will be a way for me to continue on the experience of tradition and excellence with others who have experienced the RSU family feeling!
- Professors who made an impact on your life: Dr. Juliet Evusa. She pushed students to not only think locally, but globally. She never quit pushing and encouraging students until she saw the best come out of them. Vivian Boyles was always ready to fill in the “mother” role for any student on campus. She was very supportive of all student functions and ideas.
- What are you doing now: I am employed as an Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager and Behavioral Health Rehabilitative Specialist. I provide my services to youth in the Tulsa Metropolitan Area through a mental health agency.