DEPT. OF PSYCHOLOGY, SOCIOLOGY & CRIMINAL JUSTICE
M.E., School Counseling
East Central University, Ada, OK
B.A., Law Enforcement Administration
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
2010-present, Instructor, Criminal Justice, Sociology
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
- Courses taught: Introduction to Criminal Justice,
Introduction to Corrections,
Introduction to Sociology,
2005-2010, Professor, Director of Criminal Justice Program
Northern Oklahoma College, Tonkawa, OK
- Duties include course development, program expansion and innovation, classroom instruction and course maintenance for the following courses: Introduction to Criminal Justice,
General Psychology, Human Sexuality, Juvenile Delinquency, Criminal Law, Criminal Investigation, Criminal Investigation Lab, Internships in Criminal Justice, Criminal Evidence, Organization and Administration of Law Enforcement, Introduction to Corrections.
Northern Oklahoma College, Tonkawa, OK
- Duties included but not limited to academic advisement, enrollment, S.A.D.D. club sponsorship, Phi Theta Kappa sponsorship, commuter appreciation luncheon, drug and alcohol awareness week, internship coordinator, collaboration with business and industry, freshman orientation, career counseling, personal/crisis counseling.
2004, Indian Child Welfare Social Worker/Coordinator for Domestic Violence Prevention Program
Chickasaw Nation, Ada, OK
- Duties included but not limited to enforcement of the Indian Child Welfare Act, child welfare investigations, preparing court reports and case maintenance, conducting home visits for clients, preparing a case plan for biological family members of clients, interagency collaboration, locating resources for abused women and children, problem solving, crisis management for children and families.
1999-2004, Programs Coordinator
Oklahoma Community Services, Sulphur, OK
- Duties included to coordinate day to day operations for numerous grant-funded programs through the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office for south-central Oklahoma (23 counties), coordinate and manage a juvenile delinquency prevention program through the Oklahoma Office of Juvenile Affairs for Murray County (2 communities, 3 school districts), coordinate day to day operations for the Murray County Industrial Authority, conduct meetings, trainings, maintain budgets; program oversight and technical assistance for regional program from the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office.
Oklahoma Families First, Inc., Ardmore, OK
- Duties included to train and certify potential foster families for therapeutic foster care. This included recruitment, teaching courses, home visits, extensive background checks.
Genesis Youth (non-profit org), Sulphur, OK
- Duties included Christian youth outreach for children and youth in the Murray County area. Focus directed toward at-risk children and families. Conducted trainings, workshops, events, trips, services.
District 20 Attorney’s Office
- Managed and directed grants through the Oklahoma District Attorney’s Council. Enforced Oklahoma laws, specifically Title 63, the Controlled and Dangerous Substances Act. Conducted investigations, surveillance, undercover operations, and interviews. Served search and arrest warrants. Intensive paperwork was involved. Coordinated with other local, state, and federal agencies.
1993-1995, Police Officer
City of Edmond Police Department
- 2005-2010: Phi Theta Kappa Advisor
- April 2010-present: Board Member, Bartlesville Symphony Orchestra
- 2009-2010: Board Member, Dearing House
- 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009: Attendee, Oklahoma Association of Community Colleges Annual Conference
- 2005: Graduate, Leadership Blackwell
- 2004: Attendee, Domestic Violence Injuries Workshop conducted by the State of Oklahoma
- 2004: Attendee, First Responders Conference on Domestic Violence
- 2004: Attendee, Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Conference
- 2004: Attendee, Indian Country Child Abuse Reporting, Investigation, and
- Prosecution Training Course conducted by the United States Attorney’s Office
- 2004: Completed foster parenting classes through the Department of Human Services
- 2002: Attendee, Project Under 21 Training Workshop
- 2001: Graduate, Oklahoma K.E.E.P Character Training Workshop
- 1997: Completed therapeutic foster parenting classes with Oklahoma Families First
- 1995, 1996: Attendee, Association of Narcotics Enforcers Conference
- 1993-1997: completion of over 500 hours in CLEET courses
- 1995: Graduate, Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Control Investigators School, Oklahoma City
- 1993: Graduate, Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training Academy, Oklahoma City
- 1992: Recipient, University of Oklahoma, Native American Scholars Award