Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
A Variety of Exciting Career Opportunities
Gone are the days when graduates from an emergency medical services program were locked into narrow career choices. Today, graduates from RSU’s emergency medical services programs have secured career opportunities in a variety of environments, including:
- Ground Ambulance Service
- Fixed-Wing Air Ambulance Service
- Rotor-Wing Air Ambulance Service
- Fire Department
- Law Enforcement Tactical Team
- Primary Care
- Communications Specialist/Dispatcher
- Bridge to Nursing
Why Study at RSU?
RSU is a recognized leader in serving the educational needs of Oklahoma’s emergency medical services community. The emergency medical services program at RSU provides students with a demanding curriculum that delivers not only hands-on medical training, but also a well-rounded academic background
available from a four-year university.
- More than 87% of RSU students pass the national registry exam, compared to a national pass rate of 64%
- Highest EMT-Intermediate pass rate in Oklahoma
- Excellent reputation for graduating candidates who make a difference
- More certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS) than any training program in the state
Points to Consider
- RSU maintains the only program in the state to offer a leadership component where students receive 24 hours of clinical management experience.
- CPR and EVOC courses are available.
- A degree in emergency medical services from a four-year university places students in an ideal position to advance their education and earn a bachelor degree.
- Students receive dedicated case review time with the university’s EMS medical director.
- Courses are centered around real-time, scenario-based instruction and evaluation.
- Class scheduling encompasses all coursework components including clinical hours.
- The EMS program is Nationally accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).