Mr. Lee Williams
Baird Hall, Room 221F
Personal Web Page
- M.A., Communications
University of Illinois
- Poynter Institute News Management Seminars
Substantial knowledge of broadcast law, management and community service.
- B.A., Broadcast Journalism and Speech (Summa cum laude)
University of North Texas
- 2011-Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Communications
- 2006-2011, Instructor, Department of Communications
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
ABC, NBC News and The Weather Channel
- Coordinated coverage of the Joplin, tornado, Picher, OK tornado, Miami, OK flooding, Texas/Oklahoma grassfires, school murder conspiracy, Oklahoma City bombing follow-ups, and other regional stories.
- 2006-Present, Interim Executive Director
- Managed the non-profit organization that funds Crime Stoppers, media spokesman, public speaker, created a new Crime Commission web site, and served on the Crime Commission Board of Directors for six years.
- Led news team to ratings wins and top awards including top rated ABC late news in America for five years, all newscasts among ABC Top 10. Managed multi-million dollar budget and large staff.
News Director, WAND TV
St. Louis, MO
- Oversaw large staff supervising primetime promotions and all phases of news coverage. Created new format and graphics. Advanced quality and awards. Executive Producer United Way Special simulcast.
Colorado Springs, CO
- Top rated station; won more Associated Press and Colorado Broadcasters Awards than other stations combined.
Honors & Awards
- Heartland Emmy Awards Best Newscast two years in a row
- Murrow Award Best Newscast
- AWRT (American Women in Radio and TV) Award for Best News Director two consecutive contests
- Presenter Oklahoma Speech and Communications Association, 2006
- Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters Station of the Year Awards
- Associated Press Award for Best Newscast, Illinois
- Missouri Broadcasters Award for Best Newscast
- Regional Emmy Award Best Newscast, Colorado
- Dominated AP and Colorado Broadcasters Awards
- Magazine articles published
- Leadership Tulsa, Class 29. Local community, business and leadership training.
- Crime Commission, Board Member 2001-2006
- Citizens’ Police Academy. Substantial training on police operations and issues.
- Mentor to At-Risk Youth, Big Brothers