Rogers State University Alumni Association

Back

Home

Academics Home

Academic Information

Academic Schools

Admissions

Course Description

Degrees Offered

      - Bachelors

      - Associates

Academic Enrichment Program

Financial Aid

Tuition and Fee Information

General Information

Governing Boards

Student Affairs/Support

Student Success and Retention

Faculty Credentials

 

Return of Title IV Funds Policy

Return of Title IV Funds Policy

The Higher Education Amendments of 1998 changed the formula for calculating the amount of aid a student and school can retain when the student withdraws from all classes. Students who withdraw from all classes prior to completing more than 60 percent of an enrollment term will have their eligibility for aid recalculated based on the percent of the term completed. For example, a student who withdraws completing only 30 percent of the term will have “earned” only 30 percent of any Title IV aid received. The school and/or the student must return the remaining 70 percent. The Financial Aid Office encourages you to read the Return of Title IV Funds Policy carefully. This policy is available in the Financial Aid Office.

If you are thinking about withdrawing from all classes PRIOR to completing 60 percent of the semester, you should contact the Financial Aid Office to see how your withdrawal will affect your financial aid.