Department of Biology
Dr. Adele Register
Bartlesville Campus, Room 728
Personal Web Page
- Ed.D., Higher Education Administration
Oklahoma State University
- M.S., Biology
New York University
- B.A./B.S., Liberal Arts/Biology
Newton College / Boston College
- 2001-Present, Assistant Professor of Math & Science, Department of Biology
- 1994-2001, Bartlesville Campus Director
- 1987-1994, Instructor, Department of Biology
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
- 1979-1983, Faculty Member/Student Advisor
Los Angeles Valley College, Los Angeles, CA
- 1974-1979, Staff Research Associate IV
- 1970-1973, Staff Research Associate II
University of California at Riverside, Riverside, CA
- 1968-1969, Research Associate
Institute for Muscle Disease
- 1967-1969: NDEA Title IV Fellow
New York University, New York, NY
Organizations & Memberships
- Association for the Study of Higher Education
- Bartlesville Community Education Advisory Council
- Blue Thumb, Oklahoma Conservation Commission
- District Regional Science Fair Committee
- National / International Wildlife Foundation
- The Nature Conservancy
- Oklahoma Blue Thumb
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Sutton Avian Foundation
RSU Committess & Service
- Advisement Workshops
- Distance Education
- Enrollment Management
- Search Committees
- Staff Evaluation
- Program Assessment
- Organized Faculty Research Grants from Rogers State University for the development of online courses. (2003-2005)
- "Multiple Chromatographic Forms of Rabbit Muscle Phosphoglucose Isomerase: Artifacts, Conformers or Genetically Controlled Isoenzymes?", James, G.T., Blackburn, M.N., Chirgwin, J.M., Register, A.M., Schnackerz, K.D. and Noltmann, E.A., Abstracts of the Pacific Slope Biochemical Conference, San Diego, CA, 1970. p.51.
- "Pseudoisoenzymes of Rabbit Muscle Phosphoglucose Isomerase", Blackburn, M.N., Chirgwin, J.M., James, G.T., Kempe, T.D., Parsons, T.F., Register, A.M., Schnackerz, K.D. and Noltmann, E.A., J. Biol. Chem., 247, 1170 (1970).
- "A Zinc Containing Basic Protein from Skeletal Muscle with CO Hydrolase Activity", Koester, M.K., Register, A.M. and Noltmann, E.A., Federation Proc., 36, 700 (1977).
- "Basic Muscle Protein, a Third Genetic Locus Isoenzyme of Carbonic Anhydrase?", Koester, M.K., Register, A.M. and Noltmann, E.A., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm., 76, 196-204 (1977).
- "Chromatographic Identification of a New Subform of Carbonic Anhydrase in Rabbit Erythrocytes", Walther, H.C., Register, A.M. and Noltmann, E.A., Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 184, 319-327 (1977).
- "Discovery of Carbonic Anhydrase in Rabbit Skeletal Muscle and Evidence for its Identity with Basic Muscle Protein", Register, A.M., Koester, M.K. and Noltmann, E.A., J. Biol. Chem., 253, 4143-4152 (1978).
- "Identification of Pseudoisoenzymic Subforms of Muscle Carbonic Anhydrase”, Koester, M.K., Register, A.M. and Noltmann, E.A., Biochem. Biophys. Acta (1978).
- Invited Presentation (Session I) February 22, 2002, eCollege User’s Conference: "Improving eLearning: Building a Community of Educators”, Kansas City, KS.
- Online presentation: "Encouraging Student Involvement and Interaction in Online Science Classes” published March 12, 2002, eCollege User’s Conference site.