Department of Biology
Dr. Jae-Ho Kim
Loshbaugh Hall, Room 103
Personal Web Page
Postdoctoral, Molecular Biology
Medical University of South Carolina
South Dakota State University
Hapdong Theological Seminary (Korea)
M.S., Animal Physiology
Korea University, Korea
Hannam University, Korea
2012-Present, Professor, Department of Biology
2007-2012, Associate Professor, Department of Biology
2004-2007, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
Rogers State University, Claremore, OK
2003-2004, Associate Professor
2000-2003, Assistant Professor
Sterling College, Sterling, KS
1999-2000, Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
1995-1998, Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant
South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
1988-1991, Lab Director
Sungsin Clinic (Seoul, Korea)
Taejon Clinical Jr. College (Taejon, Korea)
1986-1988, Biological Control Tech
Asian Parasite Lab, Seoul (US Embassy, Korea)
1981-1986, Clinical Lab Technician
- May, 1983, Clinical Pathology Lab Technician
Department Health, Korea
- July, 1992, Ordination, Minister
Korean Presbyterian Church
*Transferred to PCUSA (2005)
- Leadership: Foundations of servant leadership
- Anatomy/Physiology: Human Anatomy and Physiology, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology
- Genetics: Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Human Heredity and Reproduction, Animal Breeding
- Molecular Biology: Cell and Molecular Biology, Molecular cellular Biology, Cancer Biology
- Microbiology/Immunology: Microbiology, Immunology, Parasitology
- Research Practicum: Senior Research, Research Methods I, II
- Miscellaneous: Topics in Biology (Seminar), Bioethics, Beef Production, Urinology
- Pfizer Excellence in Scholarship Award for the School of School of Mathematics, Science and Health Sciences, Rogers State University (2012)
- Listed on Who's Who Among America's Teacher (2004 and 2006)
- McCreery Teacher of The Year, Sterling College (2003)
- Teacher of The Year by Alpha Chi, Sterling College (2003)
- 2nd place on Raymond Moore Biostress Research Poster day on ‘Growth hormone genotypic effects on cattle production traits’ (1998)
- 2012: Effect of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) Treatment on Selected Cancer Cell Lines. $3362.43 - Rogers State University
- 2012: Effects of Water Soluble Vitamins on Cancer Cell Proliferation.
$3181.67 - Rogers State University
- 2011: Comparison of Gene Expression Profiles at the mRNA Level; Before and After Treatments of a Murine Cancer Cell Line (WEHI164) With Antibiotics.
$3380.24 - Rogers State University
- 2011: Analysis of Green Tea Extracts and Effect of the Extracts on a Murine Cancer Cell Line (WEHI 164) Proliferation. $3479.66 - Rogers State University
- 2010: Assessment of Soybean Cyst Nematode Population in Northeastern Oklahoma and Its Treatment (Phase II).
$6700.00 - Oklahoma Soybean Board
- 2010: Function of Interleukin 18 (IL18) on T cell Development Process and Its Influence on Antiapotopic Factor urvivin Expression Observed from Selected Cell Lines.
$3462.10 - Rogers State University
- 2009: Assessment of Soybean Cyst Nematode Population in Northeastern Oklahoma and Its Treatment.
$3124.21 - Rogers State University
- 2009: Assessment of Soybean Cyst Nematode Population in Northeastern Oklahoma and Its Treatment (Phase I).
$4700.00 - Oklahoma Soybean Board
- 2008: Verification of SOCS-3(Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling 3) Gene Expression from HT29 and DLD-1 cells and Its Expression regulation with DRA (Down Regulated in Adenoma) Protein.
$3168.65 - Rogers State University
- 2005: Establishment of (Mammalian) Cell Culture Protocol through Internally Available Equipments to Enhance Faculty and Senior Student Research Activities.
$3400.00 - Rogers State University
- 2005: Accessing Pesticide, Pyrethroid, Resistant Mutations Among Regional Horn Fly (Haematobia irritans). Population Based on a PCR Genotyping Method- Phase II.
$3.60.00 - Rogers State University
- 2004: Accessing Pesticide, Pyrethroid, Resistant Mutations Among Regional Horn Fly (Haematobia irritans). Population Based on a PCR Genotyping Method- Phase I.
$3390.00 - Rogers State University
- Pastor of Sioux Falls Korean Presbyterian Church (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)
- Educational Minister of The Church of The Garden of Eden (Flushing, New York)
- Pastor of The Anyang Presbyterian Church (Anyang, Korea)
- Publication: 'Research of family oriented pastoral care in the local church'
- Department Chair of Dept. of Natural Sciences at Sterling College (06/03-07/04)
- American Association For The Advancement Of Science
- American Society For Microbiology
- American Society of Animal Science
Publications & Presentations
- Ward, A. and J.H.Kim. 2012. The Effect of Green Tea Extracts on the Repression of Cancer Cell Growth. Proceedings of SWRM Division of AAAS Vol.86.pp.137-138.
- Windschitl J. and JH Kim, 2011. The Effect of Epigallocatechin Gallate on Cancer Cell Growth Inhibition. 16th Research Day at the Capital (Poster Exhibit 22)
- Turner, G. and J.H.Kim. 2010. Survey of Soybean Cyst Nematode (Heterodera glycines) distribution in Eastern Oklahoma. Proceedings of 8th Annual Ecological Genomics Symposium Abstract #39.
- Holland, B. and J.H.Kim. 2009. Alternate bacterial feeding species for C.elegans culture in the lab. Proceedings of SWRM Division of AAAS Vol.84.No.1:63.
- Shull,T. and J.H.Kim. 2009. Assessment of soybean cyst nematode population in northeastern Oklahoma and finding a remedy toward treatment. Proceedings of SWRM Division of AAAS Vol.84.No.1:80.
- Schweinfest,W.D., Spyropoulos,D.S., Henderson ,K.W., Kim, J.H., Chapman,J.M., Barone,S., Worrell,R., Wang,Z., and M. Soleimani. 2006. Slc26a3 (DRA) deficient mice display chloride losing diarrhea, enhanced colonic proliferation and distinct upregulation of ion transporters in the colon. Journal of Biological Chemistry 281:37962-37971.
- G.Oremus, G.D.Guerrero, M.W.Alison Jr., M.M.Kimball, J.H.Kim, and L.D.Foil (2006), Effects of mid-season avermectin treatments on pyrethroid resistance in horn fly (Diptera:Muscidae) populations at three locations in Louisiana, Veterinary Parasitology 141:156-164.
- Ring, T, Kim, J.H., and F.D.Guerrero. 2005. Comparison of the pesticide resistance from the selected locations throughout the season -based on pyrethroid resistance from the hornfly populations. Proceedings of SWRM Division of AAAS Vol.45. No1:Insert
- Davignon, D, Guerrero, F.D., and J.H.Kim. 2004. Seasonal differences in a pesticide-pyrithroid-resistance among regional horn fly populations in central Kansas, Proceedings of Genes in Ecology, Ecology in Genes Vol.2. p.2.
- Davignon,D. and J.H.Kim. 2004. Genotypic frequency of pyrethroid resistance mutations of horn fly (Haematobia irritans) from a regional population in Kansas. Proceedings of SWRM Division of AAAS Vol.44. No.1: 26.
- Chapman,J.M., Kim, J.H., Henderson, K.W., Spyropolous, D.D., and C.W.Schweinfest. 2002. DRA, an intestinal anion transport, suppresses cell growth and proliferation. Proceedings of the AA for Cancer Research Vol.43:990.
- Kim, J.H. and C.W.Schweinfest. 2001. DRA interactive proteins involved in growth suppression. Proceedings of SWRM Division of AAAS Vol.41. No.2: 20.
- Kim,J.H. and D.M.Marshall. 1999. Associations of beef production traits with polymorphisms in the growth hormone gene and IGF(Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1) gene Beef report 1999.
- Kim,J.H. 1998. Associations between molecular markers and cattle production traits (Ph.D. Thesis)
- Kim,J.H. and D.M.Marshall. 1998. Growth hormone genotypic effects on cattle production traits. Raymond Moore Biostress Research Poster day
- Kim,J.H. and D.M.Marshall. 1998. Growth hormone genotypic effects on calf growth traits, carcass traits, and cow production traits. Journal of Animal Science Vol.76 (Suppl.2): 31.
- Kim,J.H., Lee, O.K., and S.K.Choo. 1988. An electrophoretic study and diagnostic significance of Hbs-Ag carriers' serum protein. Journal of Taejeon Medical Junior College Vol.9: 127-135.
- Kim,J.H. 1987. A study of nuclear polyhedral inclusion bodies of nuclear polyhedral virus of Korean strain of gypsy moth. (M.S. degree thesis)
- Han,W., Kim, J.H., and H.R.Kim. 1986. The purification and properties of trehalase in digestive tract of Hyphantria cunea Drury. Journal of National Academy of Natural Sciences Vol.25:329-345.