RSU Fast Facts
- RSU is a dynamic, progressive university widely recognized for its high-quality academic programs, distance learning options, and high-technology learning environment.
- RSU is one of the fastest-growing universities in Oklahoma. In fall 2013, nearly 4,300 students enrolled at RSU.
- RSU is the only public four-year, residential university in the Tulsa area and is located near several major Tulsa high-technology employers and the Tulsa International Airport.
- RSU was granted continued accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission without further required evaluation for 10 years – a rarity in higher education and a major accomplishment achieved by few universities.
- RSU offers a variety of new bachelor degree programs in high demand areas such as business administration, biology, communications, and nursing, as well as unique disciplines such as game development, justice administration, sport management and military history. RSU is the only university in Oklahoma to offer a bachelor's degree in military history.
- RSU and the MidAmerica Industrial Park have established a partnership to boost education and economic development in the region, including the relocation of the Pryor campus to the grounds of the industrial park. The largest gift in university history, the $10 million campus opened in January 2014.
- In 2005, RSU relocated its Bartlesville campus to a historic nine-story downtown building, enabling the university to offer more classes, more degree programs, and more services for area residents. The building has undergone major renovations to accommodate new bachelor's degree programs such as business and nursing and the expansion of student services.
- A national leader in distance education, RSU was the first university in Oklahoma – and among the first in the nation – to offer degree programs entire via the internet.
- RSU Online has received high marks in U.S. News & World Report's national survey of online degree programs. RSU has been Oklahoma's highest ranked university to be included in the survey.
- The UConnect program allows community college students to seamlessly transfer to RSU to pursue a bachelor's degree. The first UConnect partnership was developed with Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College in Miami.
- RSU opened in 2009 its $13 million Centennial Center – a two-level, 50,000 square-foot facility that combines a variety of student programs under one roof, serves as a central location for students to study and socialize, and provides a focal point for the RSU campus in Claremore.
- Baird Hall underwent a $9.5 million expansion and renovation including upgraded classroom spaces, a performance studio, an amphitheater-style outdoor classroom and art gallery. Opened in 2010, Baird Hall serves as the headquarters for the Department of Communications, Department of English and Humanities, Department of Fine Arts and Department of History and Political Science. The RSU/Cameron Education Program is also located in Baird Hall.
- RSU intercollegiate athletics fields 10 intercollegiate teams in five sports, competing as a member of the Heartland Conference in the National Collegiate Athletic Association. The HIllcats were accepted into the NCAA Division II membership process in 2012. Since the introduction of intercollegiate athletics to campus in 2005, the Hillcats have enjoyed unprecedented success with a combined three conference championships, one regular season conference championship, one individual conference champion, eight national tournament appearances and the Champions of Character Five Star Award.
- The university is constructing a $5 million student dining hall on the Claremore campus that will open in fall 2014. The facility will be able to serve up to 1,000 students per meal and will include a basement area that will provide shelter during inclement weather.
- The Rogers State University athletic department completed in 2012 the largest facilities enhancement initiative in school history with a $4 million investment in baseball, softball, soccer and cross country facilities.
Read more RSU Facts.